DANCE TRUCK TOKYO
“DANCE TRUCK” refers to a truck specially made for mobile dance performances using cargo spaces of delivery trucks as a stage. This project will offer mobile dance performances as they travel to 15 locations throughout Tokyo including the Tokyo metropolitan area, Tama-area, and Tokyo island-area. Many cutting-edge artists from a wide range of fields will participate. Minimized space within the solar powered truck will transform into a stage integrated with body, sound, and music, and the performances resonating with the surroundings will drastically change the familiar cityscape.
- From Thursday, September 5, 2019 through August, 2020
- Tokyo metropolitan area, Tama-area, and Tokyo island-area
Organized by: Tokyo Metropolitan Government and Arts Council Tokyo
(Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
Planning and production: Japan Dance Truck Association
Co-production: Offsite Dance Project
Lighting offered by: Color Kinetics Japan
Production Support: Monten, Green Room
In Cooperation with: Green Power Factory and Marche Power Yokohama Inc.
- entrance guidance
- ▶ Admission free (no advance reservation required)
- ▶ The audience will be standing throughout the performance.
- ▶ There is no parking lot at each venue, so please use public transportation.
- ▶ The order of appearance will be announced on the web on the day.
- ▶ Rain or shine. In the case of stormy weather there are possibilities of cancellation. Please check the website for updates.
- ①Shinjuku Chuo Park / Water Plaza
- Date & Time: September 5(THU) 18:30-20:30
ANTIBODIES Collective, Mikiko Kawamura, Tsuyoshi Shirai/Yugo Morikawa(Polygon Head), NEWCOMER‘H’SOKERISSA!, Yukio Suzuki, ZVIZMO (Atsuhiro Ito x TENTENKO)
In Cooperation with Shinjuku City, Shinjuku Chuo Park Park Up Consortium (venture group), and The Shinjuku Subcenter Area Environmental Improvement Commission
- ② Adachi Wholesale Market
- Date & Time: September 22 (SUN) 18:00-19:00 / 20:00-21:00
(2 stages / Please leave the standing space once when the first stage is over.)
OrganWorks, Momoko Shiraga, Yukio Suzuki, Koichiro Tamura, Crack Iron Albatrosket, Yoko Higashino
In Association with Adachi City
- ③Komae / Tamagawa River Bank
- Date & Time: October 12(SAT) 18:00-20:00
Aokid, KAMOSU, Kaho Kogure, Tsuyoshi Shirai/Ippei Yonezawa, Tenniscoats, Kumotaro Mukai
Production Support from comaecolor
In Cooperation with Komae City
- ④ Shibuya / Vacant Space in Udagawacho
- Date & Time: October 26(SAT), 27(SUN) 18:00-20:00
Abe"M"ARIA, Yuya Igarashi, Mikiko Kawamura, Kitamari, She de cusu oh chee!, Tsuyoshi Shirai/Dill, Keiji Haino, Yoko Higashino, MEGANE(co.), Maki Morishita/Morishita STAND, Fuyuki Yamakawa, 6-dim+
Credit: In Cooperation with the Koen-Dori Shopping District Promotion Association of Shibuya
- ⑤ Fuchu / Keyaki Namiki Dori
- Date & Time: November 4(MON/Holiday) 16:30-18:00
Anna Irite/Hiromichi Sakamoto, Jon The Dog, Tsuyoshi Shirai/Yugo Morikawa (Polygon Head), Somatic Field Project, 6-dim+
In Association with Fuchu City
JAPAN DANCE TRUCK ASSOCIATION
Formed in 2011 by a core group of contemporary dance artists. Since 2012 it has staged Dance Truck events in 12 locations across five cities: Yokohama, Tokyo, Sendai, Kyoto, and Beppu. By using trucks to form networks between various cities, the group seeks to make effective use of vacant spaces in different neighborhoods and explore new ways of mobilizing dance.