Basically, anyone can make an application, including individual, group, organization/corporation (e.g. NPO, executive committee, and companies).
- National governments, local public bodies, and foreign governments are not eligible to make applications. However, they are permitted to be member organizations of an executive committee.
- An organization funded by a national government, a local public body, or a foreign government for the foundation or the like. However, it is permitted to be a member organization of an executive committee.
* The following corporations and groups are ineligible.
- 1) Organized crime groups [the organized crime groups set forth in Number 2 of Article 2 [the Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance for Eliminating the Organized Crime Groups (Tokyo Metropolitan Government Ordinance No. 54 of 2011; hereafter "Organized Crime Elimination Ordinance")]
- 2) Corporations or other organizations with anyone corresponding to members of organized crime groups and the like (the members of organized crime groups set forth in Number 3 of Article 2, Organized Crime Elimination Ordinance; or people associated with organized crime groups set forth in Number 4 of the same article of the same ordinance)
The selected idea/plan will be regarded as a project sponsored by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture), and they will commission a production to the applicant.
If an individual is an applicant, he/she will be required to obtain corporate status or establish an execution committee when executing a project and making an agreement. If an individual passes the first examination without obtaining corporate status or establishing an execution committee, the secretariat and Arts Council Tokyo will support to arrange a management structure.
The implementation of projects will be fixed when the budget bill for FY2018 is approved at the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly meeting, and the budget bill for FY2018 is approved at a meeting of the board of directors in the Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture with an approval by the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly meeting. Please note that the scale or venue etc. of commissioned projects may be changed in accordance with this process.
Entry start date is February 1, 2018.
Please download the designated application form, fill in the required information and send it as follows:
■ Place of submission / Contact for inquiries
E-mail is preferred for inquiries in English.
Public Call for Project Proposals Office for Tokyo Tokyo FESTIVAL
8F, Kudan First Place, 1-28 Kudankita 4-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
c/o Arts Council Tokyo
Telephone: 03-6256-9921/Facsimile: 03-6256-8828
Business hours from 9:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays and the year-end and New Year period from December 29 to January 3.
■ Deadline for Applications
- via postal mail:
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 (postmark deadline)
Send your application by traceable means, such as registered mail or package delivery service.
Direct delivery to the secretariat cannot be accepted.
- via the website:
- 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, February 28, 2018 (Japan Time)
* Upload your application on the website.
Entries has been closed.